Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Couldn't Wait Just One More Second!

I decorated my house for Halloween. Sorry everyone, I'm sure I violated some sort of holiday decor code. But I just couldn't resist. We're lucky I made it this far. I get so exited around this time of year. For starters, the horrible nasty dripping with sweat heat is starting to let up. Hooray! I can live a life now! We can go outside! And it's college football season, the holiday season, my running season, and the school season. All of which are very awesome in my book.

I really think Halloween is my favorite holiday. Who knows, I may say that Christmas is my favorite when December rolls around. But for now, it's Halloween. I love the decorations and that crisp Fall air. My kids are huge fans too. Probably because of all the free candy, ya think?

Here are some pics of my spooky house:
This spooky banner was easy and fun to make:These branches are from my tree that died in the frost last winter. Lucky for me, too bad for the tree.
One day I will put candles in that candelabra:
On top of the pantry:

19 comments:

The Frosts said...

That is so cute! You are so good at all that decorating jazz.

Kim Skinner said...

you are inspiring me. another friend of mine decorated hers too already and it is all i can do to restrain myself. i have a feeling it won't last much longer.

Karolee said...

no! don't inspire me! I just got my house clean and don't want to pull out rubbermaids again! actually, it looks awesome. maybe I should.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

thats so funny... my older sister is the same as you & I'm very very surprised she hasn't decorated for Halloween yet.. she does have fall decorations out & now that I tell her you decorated, she'll be doing hers!!!! by the way... adorable decorations :)

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

DARLING -
If I am a follower how come I dont get a email or message when you post? Isnt it suppose to do that?

Tim and Shay said...

Oh my goodness!!! So cute! I'm feelin' crafty, I'm going to steal some of those ideas.

Heather said...

WOW! I've never seen Halloween look so cute!

Unknown said...

I love this time of year too but I don't decorate nearly as cute as you do! Oh, you're getting me in the mood though!

Unknown said...

sorry, this is really tressa posting, not jeff. i guess i better check who i'm logged in as before i start commenting.

Adele said...

Love it, I have been itching to decorate too! But I think I better finish painting the front room I have been trying to paint for the last year and a half! Its almost done though! Then let the fun begin.

Adele said...

Love it, I have been itching to decorate too! But I think I better finish painting the front room I have been trying to paint for the last year and a half! Its almost done though! Then let the fun begin.

Brenay Family said...

So cute! I may have to steal some of your great ideas for decorating! I'm so not good at that kind of stuff, but maybe I'll try harder this year! :) (by-the-way...my friends Anitra said she used to work with you. Small world!)

Chad~Nicole said...

I've never seen Halloween look so cute. Am I bad mom because I don't go gung-ho decorating like that for the holidays?

denise @ little ant design said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway.

I am loving your Halloween decor. It's my favorite holiday too so I totally understand the need to decorate in September. I have been trying to get my decorations up too. I may have to steal some ideas.

Anonymous said...

I love your stuff! After I saw your blog yesterday, I kept thinking, I need to make something cute, but I don't know where to begin. Did you buy most of that or make it because seriously, I love it!!!

Kari said...

I'm glad you decorated cuz I've been wanting to get my stuff out too! You have such great taste!

Tip Junkie said...

I featured your BOO frame today on Tip Junkie. Don't forget to grab your "I was featured" button.

Blissfully Enamored said...

all of your decorations are so super cute! you have doen such a great job!!! :)

PinkBalloons&Macaroons said...

soooo cute!! I hope you have a fabulous night!! hugs!! Britt :-)