Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Girly Hair Bows and Flowers

I've been having lots of fun with my glue gun and some ribbon and flowers. I wanted to make some bows and flowers to match some outfits Tabby got for school and ended up making quite a bit more.
Tried some new things:
Every girl needs a "dinner plate" flower for her hair:
Thought I'd share how I was making them. Pretty simple. Just cover the metal clip with ribbon (not the part that goes under the hair). I also seal the ends of the ribbon with a lighter to keep them from fraying.To keep the clips from slipping I get those sticky velcro dots, use only the rough ones, cut them in half and glue them to the top inside of the clip.
Easy enough!

3 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

CUTE! I'm so pathetic when it comes to my girls hair...with 3 you would think I would have cute hair stuff. Where do you buy your flowers and stuff?

The Frosts said...

LOVE IT! You should just be in the business of being all around great! Tabby will be so beautiful.

McDougal Family said...

So cute! Too bad I have no girls for this sorta thing! :)