Friday, October 24, 2008

Can I Have Your Stuff For My Garage Sale?

I am planning a huge garage sale in November for my fundraising efforts with Team Chances. I have to raise a certain amount of $$$ so I can run the Sedona Marathon/Half Marathon in February. All the money I raise goes to Chances for Children which is a not-for-profit organization. This program is committed to fighting childhood obesity and improving quality of life by supporting partnerships and programs that provide access to sports, physical education, and character education. It is a very good cause that I really do believe in so I need your help!

This is why I'm asking anyone who reads this to donate items I could sell at my garage sale. I will be happy to come to your house to pick up your donations. Think of it, I remove the stuff you don't need from your house and you get a warm, fuzzy feeling for donating to a good cause and helping me run my race.

Also, if you can donate any goods or services to our silent auction which is coming up I would love you forever for it!

Do we also take monetary donations? Why yes we do, of course! You can even donate on-line. Easy! Here's the site to go to if you are the most awesome person on earth and feel like donating to this great cause: Chances For Children Donations. Please make sure that you select my name (Morris, Alys.) so the credit goes to the right place. And YES it is a TAX CREDIT!!!

I would love your help in any way possible!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Alys, I just realized I don't have your email address or phone number, but I was wondering if you are available on the 15th of Nov. to take pictures. That's the day of our adoption and I thought it'd be cool to have someone there taking a bunch of pictures. Let me know if you're available or not? Thanks!

Karolee said...

I'm sure I could find some things. We could possibly do a big sale for our whole group too...just a thought! :)