Monday, December 29, 2008

New Tradition

We have started a new Christmas Eve tradition in our family. It involves hitting the ground really hard, getting soaking wet, freezing our cans off and laughing the whole time. We went ice skating! My OB (remember the sorta bed rest) would have really disapproved! It's cool though, I went really slow and I never fell. Same as walking, right? I will just have to attempt a triple loop next time. The ones falling were the kids. Kids on ice are hilarious. Ella was hopeless, we never got a picture of her because she lasted about 1 minute out there. She couldn't even do it with us holding her up. She ended up sitting with Grandma and Grandpa the whole time. Rex got around a few times by holding on to the wall and shuffling along.
He looks just thrilled, doesn't he? He decided it was more fun to play arcade games with Daddy. And a big thanks to the Polar Ice employee who gave us 50 tokens FOR FREE!!!

Tabby had the most fun out of all of us. Or maybe I had the most fun because I got to skate with her. She started out pretty rough, falling all over the place and hanging on the wall. Her older cousins were there and they helped her along and before I knew it, she was skating all over the place without any help.
She even chased down Santa for a treat.
Grandma got some great pics too.
See how she holds her hands out all dainty like? She runs like that too. So cute.

We all had a great time and I love our new Christmas Eve tradition.

2 comments:

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

What a great idea! Tabby is so cute out there (of course)

Heather said...

What a fun tradition. I love Tabby's mittens. So her.