I'm basking in the glow of another completed project. This one was particularly intimidating to me because it involved sewing. I'm a terrible sewist (is that a word??? No, it's not.) I kept putting it off till I made myself do it. And I'm so glad I did!
Here is the reason for the project:
Ella is helping me demonstrate that my curtains are too short! The owner left these lovely curtain rods over all the windows downstairs but she hung them extra high. For me, the higher the curtains the better so I decided to roll with it instead of lowering all the rods. These panels are from Target and I love them so keeping them and adding a matching panel across the top was the best option, I think.
Oh, they look so much better. I'm way fired up about them now!
I got this super expensive ($30.00/yard!) sold to me as a remnant from JoAnn's for like $10 or something.
Some fringe was in order to hide my scary seams.
Actually, all the measuring was harder than the sewing. I had to get it just right. I personally like the "puddle" effect on curtains but that wouldn't work for these as they cover the sliding back door. I had that before with some different ones and they just kept getting caught in the track of the door.