Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Decorations

Got all my Christmas decorations up. For sure not as spectacular as Halloween. I would love to go crazy with the decor but any extra money we have this time of year goes to presents. Besides a few new additions, I made do with what I have and I think it looks alright.

Those are chipboard letters from Hobby Lobby covered with red paint and glitter.

A jar filled with spare ornaments.

Did you know that I could also spell "Be Evil" with these letters? I like "Believe" better though.

These stockings are my favorite decoration. Everyone in the family has one. And not just my immediate family. They were made by Dale's grandma who has made one for everyone who is born or marries into her family. That includes grandkids and great grandkids. I counted it up and she has made 129 of these over the years! Every stocking has their own needlepoint design that she did by hand. Amazing!

Front door wreath. The letters came from JoAnn's last year. Strung them onto a ribbon and glued the ribbon to the back of the wreath. Added a bow and garland that I had already.

My fluffy boa tree.
This is what it used to look like:
I've had this tree for years and was growing tired of it so I decided to spruce it up a bit using white marabou from Michael's. I just wrapped it around the branches and the trunk while hot-gluing the ends of the boa down. I like it tons better now. I'm laughing that SYTYCD is on the the background, my favorite show!

This is the top of our media cabinet. I really am not liking this arrangement. It looks like a mish-mash of decorations that ended up being put together because I had no where else to put them. And that's exactly what happened.
Look at that sparse sad garland. I wish I was able to cover it in ornaments, ribbons, and lights. And I wish I could put a bazillion more candlesticks up there. And I wish everything went together. Maybe next year...

I put all the misfit ornaments in this jar. They came out of my storage bin all missing their caps so I found a way to still use them along with some fake snow left over from last year.

Another wreath.
The letter was from Hobby Lobby. It came gold but my Christmas colors are red, silver and black so I painted it silver with acrylic paint. Then I hot glued a flower, bling, tulle, and a ribbon on the back for hanging.

Got these babies at Target for 75% off after Christmas last year:
The end.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Love all the decorations!

C. Geertsen said...

I love fluffy boa tree!

(I love it all.)

Jamie said...

I don't think you realize how much I love all your decorations. Looks great. :)