Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Good News and The Bad News

Everyone likes to hear the good news first. So here it is: I'm pregnant! Yay! The bad news? My OB put me on total bed rest on Tuesday. Booooo! I'm only 7 weeks in and I have something called a subchronic hemorrhage. I don't know a ton about it as I tend not to Google medical conditions. You just end up reading a load of super scary stuff that may or may not be true. But anyway, it's some sort of bleed behind the placenta that requires me to lay on the couch like a big loaf. The laying around isn't so bad, it's my kids and hubby that got the short end of the stick. And my doc said I can sit at my desk (another form of loafing) which means I can still continue to work from home and above all, blog. There is a chance of miscarriage but I'm extremely optimistic so no horror stories, okay? The bed rest is indefinite. I can live my life as soon as all this bleeding and awful cramping (TMI?) clears up. I felt like I had to tell so everyone will know the reason why I've temporarily checked out of life. I should have posted a story about how I've gone to prison. That would have been way cooler.

11 comments:

Karolee said...

I'm back in town now, so if you or your kids need a break, CALL! Hang in there, I'm sure everything will turn out well for you! *hugs*

Dana Christensen said...

Alys!!! It's been a million years! I saw your blog on Dianna's and was so glad! I'm sorry you're on bed rest, that stinks. Your family is adorable and now we can be blog friends!
Dana (Frost)

Adele said...

Congrats on being pregnant, sorry you are on bed rest. Let me know if you are bored and me and the mob can come keep you company.

The Frosts said...

That stinks that you're on bed rest, but at least you might have more time to read Breaking Dawn. I am going to steal your kids on Monday, but let me know if you need anything else. Magazines, chick flicks, snacks, etc.

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

I am glad to hear you post about it. I am sorry you are going through that. Bed rest sound awesome until you have to go through it. Hang in there. I am SO happy for you! Yay for Baby #4

Brenay Family said...

Alys!! It's been too long! It's Crystal (Clark) Brenay. Dana told me she found your blog! Your kids are absolutely adorable! I can't believe how much your daughter looks like you! You have a beautiful family! I'm so glad we can keep up with each others blogs now! Mine is brenay.blogspot.com

Olsen Family said...

Congratulations Alys! Let me know when you want me to come over and help...seriously.
Love,Rachel

Lil Beck said...

Sis,

Whatever you need, whenever you need it please let me know. Anything to help my sis who's been there through all of my crap!!

Love ya, and take care!!!!

Tressa said...

I am sooo sorry that you are on bed rest - but so excited for you to be pregnant! I'm going out of town tomorrow but I will call you next week when I get home and take your kids for ya! Good luck!

Michelle Bebe said...

congrats!!! that's great news! sorry about the bed rest...that SUCKS. you have an awesome ward/neighboorhood you know...so if you need anything...HOLLA!

we'll hope for the best!

Tim and Shay said...

Congrats! Bed rest stinks but it is worth it for a precious bundle of Joy! Hopefully the time will pass quickly.