Monday, August 11, 2008

Snow Day

I don't think my kids have ever seen snow before. That all ended Saturday when they got to play in "snow" for 5 minutes in the Target parking lot. It was part of some promotional thing for the new shopping plaza. Not exactly a trip to the ski resort but they still thought it was cool. I couldn't go as I am on bedrest so Dale was a good daddy and took them. I found it totally ironic that they had to wait in line about an hour in the blazing hot sun to romp in the snow. The kids were let in to play in groups so they didn't get to play very long but they still managed to have a good time.
Rex loved seeing the firetruck they had on display. They both look a little tired and homeless in these pics.

4 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

We were there too, but the line was waaay too long for the snow, so we just the free stuff and left. Canon won a Chipotle shirt that says, "I can eat something bigger than my head."

Jamie said...

What a good dad. I wish I knew about that, Trey would've loved it.
I'm sorry to hear about your complication. I know all will be okay. I'm sorry I'm moving Saturday and won't be able to help you or meet your new little bundle of joy when he or she arrives. I'm putting my vote in for a girl... they're entrances into the world always seem to be dramatic. Good luck and I hope we can keep in contact. :)

The Frosts said...

Very cute. I didn't know they did that. That kind of stinks that the kids only got to play for a few mins.

steve said...

This is great, but just wrong in at the same time:-)

At least it looks like fun!

Steve

http://tingilinde.typepad.com

(ps - hang in there!)