Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2008 In a Nutshell

2008 was a very eventful year for us to say the least. I thought it might be fun to review.

2008
In
A

Nutshell

No particular order here. Just listing things as I remember them which means I'm probably going to forget a lot of stuff.

-I got a job working from home in January. It was a much needed blessing at the time and still is (thanks Kim.) It's been hard managing the job and kids and I always have to tell people I can't go to things because I have to work. But I do enjoy things like paying bills and buying groceries so that's why I've held on to it. Hopefully with Dale's new job, things will change a little...

-I got taken off house arrest. In other words, we bought a minivan! I never thought I'd allow myself to drive one but then I went 2 years without my own transportation. A little humbling, wouldn't you say? I was willing to drive an El Camino by the end. I still don't take for granted the fact that I can just go in my garage, get in my van and leave the house any time I please. I LOVE my van!

-I had a miscarriage in August. It was a sad thing but our faith grew from it and Dale and I grew closer together. Then, two months later we were pregnant again! This was huge for us because it normally takes us a while to conceive. By the way, I just had an OB appt. yesterday and we heard the heartbeat loud and strong (phew!) I have an ultrasound coming up to check on the bleeding. Hopefully it's gone and everything will be normal.

-I got addicted to Twilight. My poor family didn't have a wife and mother every time I read one of the books. What is it about those books that makes it so real? I don't know how they are going to make a movie about the "events" in the last book. Whoa.

-I ran my second marathon in April. Well, if you call walking with a bad limp running. I did fine through most if it. Apparently, around mile 18, a little something happened called DISLOCATED KNEECAP!!!! Oh, it was bad. I still can't believe I finished the race. I was determined not to get in the Shame Van.

-My sister had her cute little baby boy Max a month early. It gave us all a good scare but mom and baby were fine.

-My BF Heather got married. It was a beautiful ceremony in San Diego.

-I had my 10 year reunion in October. It was a lot of fun. Has 10 years really gone by that fast?

-As far as the kids go, Tabby stopped sucking her thumb, learned how to ride a bike without training wheels, and went to kindergarten. Rex went to preschool for the first time and Ella, of course, was naughty. Business as usual for her.

-A bunch of crazy ladies (myself included) ran the Ragnar Relay. Never have I had so much fun being so miserable. I plan to do this again in 2010. Who's with me?

-Dale got a new job in December. Hallelujah! Total miracle.

Pretty fun year, huh? Can't wait to see what 2009 brings!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You had an eventful year. I'm so glad to hear Dale got a job. Hurray!!